Ecommerce Merchant Accounts
Whether you are transitioning your business to establish an online presence or you are launching a new ecommerce store, credit card processing is one of the first orders of business. At Express Merchant Accounts (EMA), we give your ecommerce business the tools it needs with simplified online payment solutions, integrated shopping cart functionality, security, and competitive rates.
Payment Gateway vs Merchant Account
As a new online merchant, you may find the process of choosing credit card processing services a bit overwhelming and confusing, especially when it comes to the terms you may see. A payment processor like EMA works to provide the payment processing services used by your business with agreements with payment gateway and merchant account providers.
A payment gateway allows you to charge your customer's card by working like a physical point-of-sale (POS) terminal at a retail store. The payment gateway is the mediator between the transactions on your website and the payment processor. A payment gateway is a necessity because you cannot transmit transaction information securely from your website directly to your payment processor.
A merchant account is basically a type of bank account that authorizes your business to accept debit and credit card payments online. A merchant account is usually necessary to process transactions on your website. While your business can choose to work with a third party processor like Paypal, an ecommerce merchant account comes with numerous advantages:
- Customers stay on your site. Because customers are not transferred to a third party website to complete their order, your business enjoys greater trust, branding, and lower abandoned cart rates.
- Cost effective pricing. Merchant accounts offer more competitive transaction fees because you are not merely "leasing" another company's merchant account.
- Fast access to funds. With a third party processor, your funds are deposited in a separate account like a Paypal account and remain there until you request a transfer to your bank account, which can take up to 1 week. Funds can be transferred from your merchant account to bank account in 1-2 days.
- Virtual terminal to accept mobile and MOTO payments or enter payment information manually.
Comprehensive Ecommerce Payment Solutions
You have many choices when it comes to ecommerce merchant accounts, but it's important to choose the right credit card processor to fit your needs. For example, some providers only offer a payment gateway and require you get your own merchant account while others combine a payment gateway and merchant account for easier setup.
At EMA, we believe in making online payment processing as easy and transparent as possible. We help you grow your business and profits by enabling you to:
- Accept a wide variety of payments, including debit cards, credit cards, eChecks, Paypal, Apple Pay, and more.
- Set up recurring payments
- Implement a loyalty program, gift cards, promo codes, sales, and more
- Integrate with your shopping cart
- Get your money in 2 days or less
- Follow up with customers with timed emails
- Receive order notifications for automated drop shipping fulfilment
- Set up optional customer accounts for order history and billing information
- Set several tax rates
- Manage your merchant account to track orders, view reports, manage inventory, and more
- Maximize profits with low processing fees and no sign-up costs
Set up a Free Ecommerce Merchant Account Today
At EMA, we want your ecommerce business to succeed. We help you grow your business with comprehensive and flexible ecommerce merchant accounts that give you the tools you need for success with no setup or application fees, long-term contracts, and competitive transaction fees to take control of your business. Ready to begin accepting debit and credit cards online? Contact EMA today to learn more and set up a free ecommerce merchant account.