Internet Merchant Account
If you want to accept card payments online, you have two options: an aggregator like PayPal that processes transactions or a merchant account, which is like a line of credit extended to merchants by processors and a bank account that holds funds captured from sales.
An internet merchant account allows your ecommerce business to accept credit and debit card payments online. With an online merchant account, you can even add PayPal, Apple Pay, and other digital payment solutions to your ecommerce checkout and accept e-checks.
At Express Merchant Accounts (EMA), we offer customized online merchant account services to help your ecommerce business grow.
Merchant Account vs Third Party Processor
Choosing an internet merchant account comes with several advantages over a third party processing service like Paypal. To begin with, a merchant account includes a payment gateway, or the component that forwards card information from your merchant account to your bank account. With a third party processor, you will pay a fee to use their merchant account. This means higher costs for your business.
Many new ecommerce businesses begin with Paypal for fast setup, but switch to a merchant account for many reasons:
- Faster access to funds. With third party processors, funds are first deposited into a separate account and remain there until you request they are transferred to your bank account, which may take up to 7 days.
- Cost effective. Merchant accounts and third party processing companies both charge fees, but transaction fees are significantly higher with third party processors.
- Customers do not leave your site. If you have a merchant account, customers will not need to leave your website to make a purchase. When they receive a receipt, it will be from your company. This is important to establish trust and credibility and reduce abandoned carts.
- Better customer service. A merchant account includes dedicated customer service to address your concerns quickly.
- Virtual terminal. With a virtual terminal, you can accept MOTO and mobile payments and enter payment information manually. A virtual terminal works as a web version of a credit card terminal or POS device.
With an online merchant account, you can begin accepting card payments, PayPal, Apple Pay, and more -- usually within one business day. Your customers will remain on your site with payments that go directly to your merchant account. Your internet merchant account is easy to manage, allowing you to track individual transactions, recurring or subscription billing, chargebacks, account statements, transaction reports, and more.
Open an Online Merchant Account Today
An internet merchant account is the most cost-effective and simple way to begin accepting card payments on your website. Our merchant account services allow you to offer more payment options to your customers with easy transaction management, competitive transaction rates, and fast payments to your business checking account.
Ready to get started? Our internet credit card processing services have no hidden fees or startup costs. Contact Express Merchant Accounts today to apply for a merchant account.